Nurse Practitioner - Cardiac Surgery
If this position interests you, please call me or apply online:
LocationColorado Springs, CO
UCHealth Cardiac Surgery – Memorial Hospital Central
We are currently looking for a full-time Nurse Practitioner Specialty Care to join our Cardiac Surgery team in Colorado Springs. This individual will provide high-quality and personalized care for our Cardiac Surgery patients, always putting patients first.
Our ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner in CV Surgery, both in the OR and ICU. Experience with vein harvesting is preferred. This individual must have strong communication skills and must enjoy working in a fast-paced, flexible, continuously changing environment.
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion. If you have a strong background in CV Surgery as a NP and are looking to work with a great team at a Physican Led company, keep reading!
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Nurse Practitioner Specialty Care
Provides specialty health care services in both outpatient and acute care settings for certain acute or chronic health conditions in specific populations in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination.
- Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies
- Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations, and care
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions, including the use of prescriptive authority and referral to other healthcare providers or community resources
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health and wellness, treatment options, and community resources
- Provides care in the context of promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making and the right to self-determination
- Provides inpatient care to include preoperative, intra-operative, and post-operative services, as well as critical care/intensive care medical management
- Master's degree in Nursing and graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- Unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license by the State Board of Nursing in the state of practice or compact privileges under the multi-state Nurse Licensure Compact agreement
- Unrestricted DEA permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice.
- Certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB)
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
We expect you to live a balanced life and enjoy the Colorado lifestyle. Our competitive compensation package includes:
- Salary guarantee with achievable productivity incentives
- Market competitive offerings include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, disability coverage
- Retirement program comprised of a basic pension plan, 401(a) investment account, 403(b) matching account and a 457(b) deferred compensation savings plan
- All credentialing expense covered
- Continuing medical education (CME) credit
- Malpractice coverage through group provider
- Relocation expenses available
About Colorado Springs
Nestled at the base of Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs, Colorado invites the outdoor adventurists to the cultural enthusiast to enjoy vibrant scenic beauty, rugged outdoor adventure, and exceptional opportunities to create lifelong memories. Colorado Springs is proud to be the home of five military installations and the U.S. Olympic Committee. With a population of just over 650,000, Colorado Springs boasts a rich heritage with a wide variety of cultural and urbane sophistication. With a moderate cost of living, temperate climate, and an average of 247 days of sunshine per year, Colorado Springs is the perfect place to call home.