Physician Assistant - Cardiac Surgery
If this position interests you, please call me or apply online:
LocationColorado Springs, CO
UCHealth Cardiac Surgery – Memorial Hospital Central
We are currently looking for a full-time Physician Assistant Specialty Care to join our Cardiac Surgery team in Colorado Springs. This individual will provide high-quality and personalized care for our Cardiac Surgery patients, always putting patients first.
Our ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience as a Physician Assistant in CV Surgery, both in the OR and ICU. Experience with vein harvesting is preferred. This individual must have strong communication skills and must enjoy working in a fast-paced, flexible, continuously changing environment.
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion. If you have a strong background in CV Surgery as a PA and are looking to work with a great team at a Physician led company, keep reading!
Physician Assistant Specialty Care
Under the supervision of a physician, provides direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services to patients in assigned advanced specialty care areas in both the acute care and outpatient setting.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview, and examination.
- Orders performs and interprets diagnostic procedures
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options, and community resources
- Provide inpatient care to include preoperative, intra-operative, and post-operative services, as well as critical care/intensive care medical management.
- Performs preventative health assessment, screening, immunization, and care.
- Completion of a nationally accredited educational program for Physician Assistants
- Board Certification by the National Commission for Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado
- Unrestricted DEA permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
We expect you to live a balanced life and enjoy the Colorado lifestyle. Our competitive compensation package includes:
- Salary guarantee with achievable productivity incentives
- Market competitive offerings include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, disability coverage
- Retirement program comprised of a basic pension plan, 401(a) investment account, 403(b) matching account and a 457(b) deferred compensation savings plan
- All credentialing expense covered
- Continuing medical education (CME) credit
- Malpractice coverage through group provider
- Relocation expenses available
About Colorado Springs
Nestled at the base of Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs, Colorado invites the outdoor adventurists to the cultural enthusiast to enjoy vibrant scenic beauty, rugged outdoor adventure, and exceptional opportunities to create lifelong memories. Colorado Springs is proud to be the home of five military installations and the U.S. Olympic Committee. With a population of just over 650,000, Colorado Springs boasts a rich heritage with a wide variety of cultural and urbane sophistication. With a moderate cost of living, temperate climate, and an average of 247 days of sunshine per year, Colorado Springs is the perfect place to call home.