Physician Assistant - Cardiac Surgery
If this position interests you, please call me or apply online:
LocationColorado Springs, CO
UCHealth Cardiac Surgery – Memorial Hospital Central
We are hiring an experienced CT Surgery Physician Assistant to join our team in Colorado Springs.
You'll work with an incredibly skilled team of cardiothoracic surgeons who perform complex cardiac surgery including aortic root, CABGs, valve surgery as well as minimally invasive procedures like TAVR. The CT team upholds an extremely high bar for quality and the level of patient care they provide.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum three years’ CV surgery experience (required).
- Have active patient management skills for the ICU.
- Have experience with endovascular vein harvesting.
- Be flexible and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Be comfortable covering evening and weekend call (1:4).
- Enjoy both outpatient and inpatient settings (including the OR and ICU).
- Be a team player.
At UCHealth, our mission is simple – to improve lives. That starts with you. We help you live your passion of providing personalized, evidence-based patient care at the highest level.
Do you want to work at a physician-led organization where the commitment to patients is of utmost importance? If so, keep reading to see if UCHealth is the place for you to grow your career!
Requirements for Physician Assistants
- Unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado.
- Unrestricted medical staff membership, with appropriate practice privileges
- Prescriptive authority as appropriate, per medical staff service privileging process.
- Unrestricted DEA permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice.
- Eligible to provide services reimbursable services and maintain provider status with Medicare and Medicaid.
- Eligible to provide services with no sanctions or exclusion from either the Health and Human Services/Office of Inspectors General (HHS/OIG) or the General Services Administration’s (GSA) List of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs.
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
About Colorado Springs
Nestled at the base of Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs, Colorado invites the outdoor adventurists to the cultural enthusiast to enjoy vibrant scenic beauty, rugged outdoor adventure, and exceptional opportunities to create lifelong memories. Colorado Springs is proud to be the home of five military installations and the U.S. Olympic Committee. With a population of just over 650,000, Colorado Springs boasts a rich heritage with a wide variety of cultural and urbane sophistication. With a moderate cost of living, temperate climate, and an average of 247 days of sunshine per year, Colorado Springs is the perfect place to call home.