Physician Assistant - Cardiac Surgery
If this position interests you, please call me or apply online:
LocationColorado Springs, CO
UCHealth Cardiac Surgery – Memorial Hospital Central
We are hiring an experienced CT Surgery Physician Assistant to join our team in Colorado Springs.
You'll work with an incredibly skilled team of cardiothoracic surgeons who perform complex cardiac surgery including aortic root, CABGs, valve surgery as well as minimally invasive procedures like TAVR. The CT team upholds an extremely high bar for quality and the level of patient care they provide.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum three years’ CV surgery experience.
- Be flexible and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Be comfortable covering evening and weekend call
- Enjoy both outpatient and inpatient settings (including the OR and ICU).
At UCHealth, our mission is simple – to improve lives. That starts with you. We help you live your passion of providing personalized, evidence-based patient care at the highest level.
Do you want to work at a physician-led organization where the commitment to patients is of utmost importance? If so, keep reading to see if UCHealth is the place for you to grow your career!
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview, and examination.
- Orders performs and interprets diagnostic procedures
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options, and community resources
- Provide inpatient care to include preoperative, intra-operative, and post-operative services, as well as critical care/intensive care medical management.
- Performs preventative health assessment, screening, immunization, and care.
- Completion of a nationally accredited educational program for Physician Assistants
- Board Certification by the National Commission for Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado
- Unrestricted DEA permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.
About Colorado Springs
Nestled at the base of Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs, Colorado invites the outdoor adventurists to the cultural enthusiast to enjoy vibrant scenic beauty, rugged outdoor adventure, and exceptional opportunities to create lifelong memories. Colorado Springs is proud to be the home of five military installations and the U.S. Olympic Committee. With a population of just over 650,000, Colorado Springs boasts a rich heritage with a wide variety of cultural and urbane sophistication. With a moderate cost of living, temperate climate, and an average of 247 days of sunshine per year, Colorado Springs is the perfect place to call home.