Advanced Practitioner • OB/Gyn
PRN Maternal Fetal Medicine - NP/CNM
UCHealth Memorial Hospital Central
Colorado Springs, CO
If this position interests you, please call me or apply online:
LocationColorado Springs, CO
FacilityUCHealth Memorial Hospital Central
Do you have a passion for OB and Women's care? Are you calm under pressure? Are you a source of peace in a hectic, scary environment? If you pride yourself on being an excellent listener who loves to educate and pour TLC into scared, high risk pregnant mamas, you're in the right place!
Provide high risk care from puberty to menopause. Provide advice, care and support for women and their partners and families during high risk pregnancies. This role will entail a large volume of diabetes management for pregnant moms and will not involve OR time.
Work Schedule: PRN - Every Friday and as needed
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination.
- Plans, implements and evaluates patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate, and rounds on hospital patients.
- Performs appropriate emergency interventions and manages complications.
- Manages Diabetic and High Risk pregnancies.
- Rounds on hospital patients.
- Provides education/counseling to patient and patient's family with respect to pregnancy, care of the newborn, and gynecological care.
- Provides care in the context of promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making and the right to self-determination.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
The pay range for this position is: $48.870000 - $75.740000 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
Requirements for Nurse Practitioners
- Master's degree in Nursing and graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- Nurse Practitioner Certification issued by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or Nurse Practitioner Certification issued by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB) is required for hire and must be maintained throughout employment.
- Unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license issued by the State Board of Nursing in the state of practice or compact privileges under the multi-state Nurse Licensure Compact agreement
- Unrestricted medical staff membership, with appropriate practice privileges
- Full prescriptive authority
- Unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice.
- Eligible to provide services reimbursable services and maintain provider status with Medicare and Medicaid.
- Eligible to provide services with no sanctions or exclusion from either the Health and Human Services/Office of Inspectors General (HHS/OIG) or the General Services Administration’s (GSA) List of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification issued by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
We expect you live a balanced life and enjoy the Colorado lifestyle. Our competitive compensation package includes:
- Retirement program comprised of a basic pension plan, 401(a) investment account, 403(b) matching account and a 457(b) deferred compensation savings plan.
- Offerings include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, disability coverage.
- Competitive time off plan and wellness benefits.
- Generous continuing medical education (CME) allowance.
UCHealth Medical Group is a physician-led organization, with a dedicated focus on access, performance, innovation and experience, providing unmatched patient care in the Rocky Mountain Front Range. With more than 10 hospitals and 100 clinic locations, UCHealth pushes the boundaries of medicine, providing advanced treatments and clinical trials and improving health through innovation.
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
About Colorado Springs, Colorado
Nestled at the base of Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs invites the outdoor adventurists and cultural enthusiasts to enjoy vibrant scenic beauty, rugged outdoor adventure, and exceptional opportunities to create lifelong memories. Colorado Springs is proud to be the home of five military installations and the U.S. Olympic Committee. With a county population of around 650,000, this area boasts a rich heritage with a wide variety of cultural and urbane sophistication. With a moderate cost of living, temperate climate, and an average of 247 days of sunshine per year, Colorado Springs is the perfect place to call home.