Advanced Practitioner • Sleep Medicine
UCHealth Sleep Medicine Center – Memorial Hospital North
Colorado Springs, CO
If this position interests you, please call me or apply online:
LocationColorado Springs, CO
FacilityUCHealth Sleep Medicine Center – Memorial Hospital North
UCHealth Sleep Medicine is expanding to a new area. This is the only hybrid sleep clinic at UCH and promises to keep you very busy with a large patient panel and the satisfaction of knowing you are helping the community with a growing international problem that impacts every aspect of life.
Provides specialty health care services in both outpatient and acute care settings for certain acute or chronic health conditions in specific populations in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
The pay range for this position is: $47.440000 - $71.160000 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
An annual bonus may be paid to eligible employees based upon organizational and individual performance.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.
4 tens -
choose your day off. M - F work week.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination.
- Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies.
- Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions, including use of prescriptive authority and referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health and wellness, treatment options, and community resources.
- Provides care in the context of promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making and the right to self-determination.
- Provides inpatient care to include preoperative, intra-operative, and post-operative services, as well as critical care/intensive care medical management.
- Follow-up visits to include CPAPs, Meds, Sleep Study results.
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Basic Life Support
- Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Nurse
Experience in respiratory, cardio, or pulmonology
Requirements for Nurse Practitioners
- Master's degree in Nursing and graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- Nurse Practitioner Certification issued by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or Nurse Practitioner Certification issued by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB) is required for hire and must be maintained throughout employment.
- Unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license issued by the State Board of Nursing in the state of practice or compact privileges under the multi-state Nurse Licensure Compact agreement
- Unrestricted medical staff membership, with appropriate practice privileges
- Fill prescriptive authority
- Unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice.
- Eligible to provide services reimbursable services and maintain provider status with Medicare and Medicaid.
- Eligible to provide services with no sanctions or exclusion from either the Health and Human Services/Office of Inspectors General (HHS/OIG) or the General Services Administration’s (GSA) List of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification issued by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
IF APPLICABLE: BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
IF APPLICABLE: Are you a RN New Grad? Visit https://www.uchealth.org/professionals/residencies/ to find out about our exciting New Grad opportunities!
At UCHealth, we do things differently
in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big
ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we
serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care
system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible
experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human
connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at
UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive, and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There are no limits to your potential here.
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
About Colorado Springs, Colorado
Nestled at the base of Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs invites the outdoor adventurists and cultural enthusiasts to enjoy vibrant scenic beauty, rugged outdoor adventure, and exceptional opportunities to create lifelong memories. Colorado Springs is proud to be the home of five military installations and the U.S. Olympic Committee. With a county population of around 650,000, this area boasts a rich heritage with a wide variety of cultural and urbane sophistication. With a moderate cost of living, temperate climate, and an average of 247 days of sunshine per year, Colorado Springs is the perfect place to call home.